Sunday 18 September 2011

The seasons, they are a'changing

The weather here in the UK has turned - summer has certainly finished for the year. The air has an autumnal feel, everything is a bit crisper and chillier and a sign that winter will be here in no time at all. We've had a few rainy days as well. Before I moved over here, I never knew that weather could have such an effect on your mood. Us Queenslanders know that even if the day is rainy, tomorrow will be a fine and sunny, no matter what time of year it is. Times like this I miss the feeling of the hot sun on my skin. Even though the weather has brought my mood down slightly, and increased my homesickness, there is still a lot of beauty in the world. I was walking home in the rain, when it stopped for a few minutes and I caught this photo on my phone.



I couldn't help but smile to myself and realise that even though living away from my family can be difficult and sometimes downright depressing, life is good and I am very blessed. OK, deep thoughts with the Travelling Midwife is over now, for the moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment