Sunday 10 July 2011

'A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step' - Lao Tzu

So after considering, contemplating, chickening out and then committing, I've decided to start my own blog. I follow a few (I think blogs appeal to my nosy nature!) and enjoy reading them, so hopefully mine will prove to be enjoyable too.

I think the blog might be a mixture of travel, reviews, shopping and of course my (not so secret) obsession passion, midwifery. So we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned for more updates over the next few days.

To give you all a bit of background, I'm an Australian midwife living in the UK. A few years ago I met the man of my dreams, B, while I was travelling, who happens to live in England. Sounds romantic, but logistically, it is a really difficult situation. After visiting each other a few times we decided I would make the move over to the UK so we could really make a go of the relationship. So here I am!

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog through the vogue forums - loving so far! I have an aunty who is a midwife in NZ, and I find the profession fascinating :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Travelling Midwife24 August 2011 at 12:50

    Thanks KittyCate, I've read your blog before from vogue and love your creativity. I'm waiting for some midwifery inspiration so I can blog a bit more about that, so stay tuned if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete