Monday 18 July 2011

Weight Loss

For the past 8 weeks I have been on the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose really, but since moving to the UK I have put on a little weight each month and have gone up a size or so - therefore I wanted to nip it in the bud before it became an issue. My theory was that it would be easier to get rid of my muffin tops now, before they turned into a whole cake.

The program lasts for 12 weeks (obviously, you don't need to be a detective to work that out!) and is formulated to really change your whole way of thinking about food and exercise, hopefully setting good habits that will last beyond the 12 weeks. Michelle Bridges from the The Biggest Loser created the program, based on her years of being a personal trainer and seeing areas that people need help with. Each week you are given a meal plan which outlines EVERY meal. Snacks are your own choice, as long as they stay within the calorie guidelines. There is also a comprehensive training plan to help you get the results you want. Finally, Michelle posts a video message covering a specific topic twice a week, and there is also a forum to help support you on your journey.

The thing I love most is the fact that I just have to be a robot and follow a plan. The bane of my existance is figuring out what to cook each night, so this program really helps in that way. If there is a meal I don't like, I switch it with another night or week.

Consistancy is the key to success in this program - you really have to be dedicated and stay focused, and stretch your 'willpower muscle.' So far I've lost 5kg, but I'm also a lot fitter and happier with how my body looks. I'm not exactly Giselle Bundchen yet, but maybe she should watch her back in 2012!

You can get more information about the program at http://www.12wbt.com/

Are you on a diet and exercise plan? What has worked and not work for you?

3 comments:

  1. 5 kilos in 8 weeks is pretty damn good :)

    Did you feel like you were dieting?

    I have been on an eating plan too (mine was from Feb this year until mid-July)... and like your plan, mine stipulates exactly what I can eat. I am now officially off the plan, and am having issues making the right choices... Learning though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Missy. I didn't really feel like I was dieting, as the food was surprisingly tasty. It was more portion sizes which I felt the difference as I obviously was eating way too much.

    It's so hard to always make the right choices with your food, I fail all the time but I think as long as you realise this is lifelong, not just for a few months so therefore you need to be able to have sneaky treats every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, my problem is not knowing how often "now and then" is (re: sneaky treats!). hahaha.

    ReplyDelete